Starcross Fishing and Cruising Club

When Starcross Yacht Club, (founded c.1772), moved up river to Powderham in 1959, a small group of members remained at Starcross and in 1959 formed Starcross Fishing & Cruising Club.

Since then, the club has steadily grown and in 1993 purchased the Brunel Tower which was built in 1847 by Isambard Kingdom Brunel as an Atmospheric Railway Pumping Station. While the club’s main interests are Sea Fishing and Cruising under Sail, there are also a number of Small Boats including Dinghy’s, Kayaks and Canoes which regularly cruise together around the river.

As well as the facilities in the Brunel Tower the club also has Ashes Quay, which offers further storage and a Pontoon system with 28 berths.

The club is a RYA Training Centre offering a variety of shore and water biased courses, visitors are always welcome.

For more information, visit the Starcross Fishing and Cruising Club website at: